I must say, we had real fears about traveling during Covid last year. We booked and canceled a number of flights because of this valid fear. We decided to take a leap and traveled to the state of Florida. This trip was our doorway to branching out further. 7 months later we decided to do our first trip abroad during Covid. We researched and researched and researched some more to make sure we had all our ducks in a row. The country, Belize, was the winner! Here are a few tips to guide you if you decide to travel internationally during Covid.
- Travel Insurance! This is a must because you just never know which way this pandemic will turn. We recommend Heymondo travel insurance. All of there policies include Covid coverage and flexible date changes. They even have an app that you can download that includes a 24 hour medical chat and free emergency assistance calls.
- Check your booked hotel cancellation policy. Make sure your hotel provides you with a reasonable amount of time to cancel if something abruptly happens. For flights, book with a carrier that offers a decent flight cancellation/change policy. Read the fine print to know what’s allowed.
- Check with your destination’s local government rules in regards to free movement during Covid and travel restrictions.
- Most countries require Covid testing on arrival even if you are vaccinated, however, there are different types of Covid testing. Make sure you choose the one they will accept.
- As always, wear your mask and social distance! Reconsider your travel if community spread is high where you live or where you’re headed.
Leave a Reply